By: TwitterButtons.com

What I missed most about Bali..

Posted by BuNgAnJaSH

I stayed there for 6 years during my degree..
I got accepted on one of the public universities in Indonesia..
That time, I was not so excited for leaving Jakarta (though im very thrilled that I got accepted on the public university)..
I had to stayed somewhere around 745 miles away from my beloved Grandfather, I had to leave my comfy bedroom and moved to a strange new place..
Sure, everybody recognize BALI as the Paradise Island or The Land of Gods..
Everybody else (but ME; that time) will be excited to actually moved to Bali..
But now, after finally left Bali on 2006.. I admit that I do miss living there..

Its not just about the night life and all those cool clubs in Kuta area; Its more to sit at the Kuta beach, with a bottle of beer/a cup of coffee while watching the sunset with the wind running through my hair.

Its not just about the Sukawati Art Market or Legian Street where you can shop 'til you drop; Its more about walking around Majapahit street and find every merchandises that every shop in Sukawati Art Market and Legian Street sell, but in more cheaper prices.

Its not just about eating in Bebek Bengil Ubud; Its more to the society of Ubud that actually very nice, friendly and know each other well.. you wont feel like a stranger if you hang around in Ubud area.. Ubud society will treat you exactly like you're one of them.. Soon, you'll find yourself invited to one of their after parties (though you've only known them for 15-20 minutes before!).

Its not just about canoeing in Sanur beach; Its to sit and relax with a good book on your hand in one of the Circle K's near the Sanur Beach with "not so much crowded situation".

Its not just about having fancy dinner at Warung Made; its more to culinary experiences.. you can try the famous "Nasi Pedas" near the Kuta police station, the original "Betutu Sambal Matah" placed on Suli Street, the crowded "Cak Asmo" restaurant on Sanglah area, or you can also try "Nasi Pecel" and "Nasi Tipat Tahu" at Sanglah Traditional Market.

Its not just about watching the balinese dancer on their show; Its also about watching them during their traditional dancing practice every afternoon at the "Bale Banjar".

Its not about driving along the Bypass road on your way to Ngurah Rai Airport; Its more to looking at the "almost extinct" Mangrove that placed on the left side of the junction (just before you turn right to go to the airport if you drive from Sanur; if you drive from Nusa dua, then the mangrove is on the right side of the junction).

Its not just about snorkeling, diving, and riding banana boat at Nusa Dua or Benoa; Its more to snorkeling and diving on "Bali Barat National Park" and see the coral reefs conservation.

4 years passed after I left Bali and moved back to Jakarta,
I thought I have seen everything that the island got to offer.. but still, its not enough.. I miss my live there..

It wont be enough..
Coz once you visit Bali (or if you're lucky, actually stay there), you'll realize that there's no place on earth can ever compete with what it has to offer..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Translate This !